Every woman wants healthy hair because healthy hair reflects your health. But due to lack of moisture and nutrient in your hair, there will be a good chance that your hair will end up with the problem of split ends. The term split ends refers to the splitting or fraying of the hair shaft.
Causes of Split Ends
- Over washing
- Exposure to hair to the sun, heat, dust and environmental pollution.
- Split ends can be a result of frequent shampooing and Overwash.
- Overuse of hair styling tools, like curlers and straighteners.
- Overuse of hair styling cosmetics, like gels, serums, and sprays.
- Frequent Washing of hair with hot water.
- Using inferior quality combs, pins, and headbands.
- Lack of routine maintenance, like cutting and trimming.
- Overusing chemical treatments, like hair color, perms, etc.
- Not oiling the hair properly.
- Showering your hair with chlorinated water of the pools and hard water also cause split ends.
10 natural way to treat Split Ends:
1- Egg Mask
The protein and fatty acid contents in eggs are very effective in treating split ends of hair. The protein helps to strengthen the roots of the hair. The hair will become smooth and will not break easily.
How to Prepare egg mask–> Whisking an egg yolk with a few drops of honey and 2 – 3 tablespoon of olive oil or almond oil. Dampen the hair and cover the scalp and hair with this paste. Rinse and shampoo the hair after 20 – 30 minutes with cold water.
2- Banana Mask
Bananas help in restoring the elasticity of hair, help in the repair of damaged hair and soften the hair by moisturizing them.
How to Prepare egg mask–> Blend a ripe banana with some yogurt and drops of rose water in a blender. Apply this mask to the scalp and leave it for an hour. Rinse and wash the hair with cold water.
Beer is actually good for your hair and is considered as a great conditioner. Rinse your hair with beer after shampooing them and you will be really amazed to see the shine and gleam in your hair. Rinsing your hair every time with beer, whenever you shampoo will help your hair in trouncing the problem of split ends.
4- Vitamin E capsule Mask
Vitamin E is an effective natural home remedy to treat split ends.
How to prepare- Take the vitamin E capsule and make it as a fine powder, add a few drops of coconut oil to it. Apply this mixture to the split ends of hair. Alternatively, mix the oil of 2 – 3 Vitamin E capsules in lukewarm coconut oil and massage the split strands with it. It is a best to give smooth, and lustrous hair.
5- Castor Oil
Massage your hair with castor oil, mixed with Coconut and olive oil, to get split ends free hair. Keep it for 30 minutes, and wrap with a towel or shower cap. Afterwards, rinse it off with shampoo.
6- Mustard oil and castor oil Mask
Mix the castor oil and mustard oil in equal amounts. Massage this oil on the hair split ends also. Cover the hair with a wrapper like a towel or a shower cap. Leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
7- Honey mask
Honey is a great treatment for split ends.
How to prepare- Mix a spoon full of honey and some curd. Give a message to your hair with this mix, especially at the hair ends. Let this mixture stay on your strands for 20 minutes and rinse it out afterward. This mixture will not only relieve you from split ends but will also confer your hair with a gorgeous luster.
8- Papaya Mask
How to prepare–>Take a ripe papaya and half cup of yogurt. Blend them to get a pulpy paste. You can apply this as a hair mask for about 30 minutes and wash off. This will give your hair sheen and solace from split ends.
9- Avocado Mask
Avocado works as an excellent deep conditioner to create lustrous locks. It is loaded with protein, essential fatty acids, folic acid, magnesium, vitamins A, D and E, and other nutrients that nourish your hair and stimulate growth.
How to prepare–> Mash one ripe avocado and mix in two tablespoons each of olive oil and coconut oil until you get a creamy consistency. Apply this hair mask liberally on your hair. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes. Rinse it off and then shampoo your hair.
Do this on a weekly basis, or two to three times a month.
10- Cream Mask
Mix a tablespoon of cream with a half cup of milk. Whisk it thoroughly. Apply this mixture to your hair for 15 minutes and then wash it out.
Tips to Prevent Split Ends
- Do not brush wet hair
- Try to avoid excessive use of hairstyles.
- Avoid excessive usage of cosmetic products.
- Cover your hair with a bandana or scarf while going out.
- Get your hair trimmed every 2 months.
- Use hair brushes that have nylon bristles.
- Condition your hair, three times per week.
- Do not use hot water to rinse your hair.
- Detangle your hair with a wide-toothed comb.
- Retain moisture in your hair by oiling them.
- Drink a lot of water.