The condition is known as acanthosis nigricans. It is characterized by hyperpigmentation of the skin along the folds and creases in the body. Though people wash their face many times a day, they ignore to shower and scrub the neck area. This can cause dark skin. Dark skin can spoil your look and it will affect your self-confidence. The skin may remain soft and velvety. This is not an infection and is not contagious.
Causes of Dark Neck
- Dark Neck can be caused by under-mentioned aspects and create a havoc for beauty conscious people.
- Dark Neck Caused Due to Poor Hygiene: Not being attentive to clean the neck regularly results in the dark neck.
- Dark Neck Caused Due to Sun Tanning: Long-term sun exposure results in sun tanning; thus in the dark neck.
- Dark Neck Caused as a Result of Side effect of Medicines: Dark neck can also be a result of the side-effect of any medicine or drug.
Disease: Some diseases such as diabetes and obesity can cause dark neck.
Home Remedies For Dark Neck
Cucumber cleanses the skin and helps to soothe the skin and bring back the glow of the skin. Scrubbing the neck with cucumber removes the dead skin cells.
- Apply grated cucumber or cucumber juice on the dark neck.
- Gently scrub the neck for a few minutes
- Wash it off after 15 minutes
2. Lemon Juice
The citric acid present in the lemon juice is a natural bleaching agent. If you have sensitive skin, you will have to use the diluted lemon juice for this purpose.
- Apply lemon juice to the dark skin of the neck using cotton ball
- Leave it there for 10-20 minutes and wash it off with water.
- Do not expose the skin to sunlight after applying lemon juice.
3. Walnut And Yogurt
Walnuts contain vitamins and zinc which smoothes nourishes the skin of the neck. It also helps to keep the skin hydrated because dry skin faces more problems than hydrated skin.
- Apply a paste of walnut and yogurt on your dark neck.
- Then lightly scrub your neck after ten minutes
- Wash your neck with cold water.
4. Honey And Tomato
Honey helps to lighten the skin and it is a natural moisturizer. Tomato and lemon have acids in them which will help to lighten the dark color.
- Mix honey, tomato juice, and lemon juice and apply it to the affected areas
- Leave the mix on the skin for 20 minutes and wash it off.
- Repeat the remedy daily to get faster result
Almonds contain vitamins which are essential for the skin health. The oil also acts as a moisturizer.
- Make a paste of powdered almond and milk powder with honey
- Apply this paste on the sides and back of the neck, where the skin is dark
- Leave the mixture on the skin for 30 minutes and wash off with water.
6. Olive Oil
Olive oil helps to moisturize the skin and to nourish the skin.
- Mix olive oil and lemon juice and apply it to the dark neck areas
- Keep the mix on the skin for at least 20 minutes to reduce the darkness of the skin
The potato has bleaching abilities and this will lighten the skin.
- Take grated potato or potato juice and apply it on your neck
- Leave it there for 15 minutes and clean the neck using water
- You can also apply a mix of lime juice and potato juice to get faster results
8. Oatmeal Scrub
Take a cup of oatmeal and make a paste with the help of milk. This will make a good scrub for your dark neck.
- Mixing few drops of honey in this paste will work better.
- Allow the paste to dry a little bit after applying it and then start scrubbing slowly.
- Wash with cold water.
- Try this effective home remedy on alternate days for about four weeks.
Sandalwood is known as a natural skin soother. This can bring the lost glow of the skin.
- Make the paste of sandalwood powder with water and add a few drops of rose water in it.
- Apply the pack uniformly to the dark neck and wait until it dries.
- Wash gently with cold water.
10. Baking Soda
Baking Soda works as a natural exfoliant for getting rid of hyper-pigmentation that forms on and around the neck. It cleanses the neck skin and slowly removes dark, discolored patches on the neck skin.
- Mix three parts of baking soda and one part of water to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on your neck and allow it to dry.
- Then wash it off with water.
- Follow this home remedy two times a week to lighten the dark skin on your neck.
Hope you guys like it…